Your coastal escape is inclusive of:
FREE Sea View Breakfast
FREE Sea View Leisure Club
**10% OFF when you book the hotel directly by calling 01723 362841**
Hello everyone – COVID-19 update,
Great news! We will be re-opening our doors to all our lovely guests from Saturday 4th July 2020! We are so excited and we cannot wait to see you all again!
Following advice from the UK Government, we will be introducing some extra measures like social distancing and extra sanitisation to make sure all our guests feel safe and comfortable.
To support the wellbeing of our guests and colleagues, we have made some changes. Please help us by following these guidelines:
- Social Distancing – Please follow our floor markers and keep 1+ metres apart from each other. We have also introduced protective screens at reception. PPE is provided to all of our team members. Whilst there is no Government guidance on the need to wear face masks in hotels, these are available should team members choose to wear them.
- Children – We welcome families. We remind guests who are accompanied by children that they are responsible for supervising them at all times and should follow social distancing guidelines.
- Card Payments – Please pay by card if you can. We are still accepting cash payments.
- Keep it Clean – Hand sanitiser will be available and surfaces will be regularly disinfected.
- Temperature – All guests will kindly have their (contactless) temperature taken at check-in. If you have COVID-19 symptoms, please stay at home. All staff members will have their temperatures taken before each shift.
- Breakfast – Following Government guidelines, we are unable to open our usual FREE buffet breakfast. Therefore, every guest will receive a Continental Breakfast in a Bag, a Hot Breakfast Roll (takeaway) and a selection of Hot Takeaway Drinks. Your FREE breakfast can be eaten in our Sea View Restaurant, Sea View Lounge and Outdoor Sea View Spaces. The tables and seating will be on a first-come-first-served basis and these areas will be regularly disinfected. Alternatively, you can dine in your own room.
- Vending Machines – Our Alcohol, Hot Drinks, Snacks and Shop vending machines will still be operating (card and cash payments are accepted). These areas will be regularly disinfected.
- Contact Free Check Out – Check-out is 10:30am. Please pop your room key card in the Express Check-out bowls by the lift on the ground floor.
- Housekeeping – If you would prefer the housekeeping team to not enter your room during your stay, please tell reception at check-in.
- Leisure Club – We are following Government guidelines and keeping the Leisure Club closed until further notice. Good job we have the sea!! 😉
- Gallery – To have a sneak peek at some of our social distancing measures, check out our Instagram page – our handle is; ambassador_hotel_scarborough
Thank you to everyone for all your kind words and support, we have all really appreciated it. There may be a few changes that we have to introduce to keep everyone safe but you will certainly find a big welcome awaits you! Let the re-opening countdown commence, so we can sing and dance on the beach again and make sandcastles!
Lots of love,
The Ambassador Hotel Team x
Our beautiful and hip Victorian Hotel is set on the spectacular South Cliff overlooking the surfing beach on the North Yorkshire coast. The Ambassador is the perfect destination for a contemporary beach holiday.
The Ambassador is all about wellbeing and relaxation, being amongst the coastal elements, chilling out and having fun.
Our love of sea view coastal and country life, and passion for relaxation creates a fine and perfectly balanced way of life. The Ambassador life is all about putting your feet up, kicking back, soaking up the elements, and feeling the sifting of sand between your toes.
We want to inspire you to discover what’s here. Look for cosy secluded coves tucked within wide-open beach landscapes. There’s something for everyone and every mood.
The beach is on our doorstep, so from the moment you arrive, the ocean and the rugged coastline are a constant reminder that you are somewhere where nature rules. But inside, every part of the hotel has been lovingly created to bring you the best in Yorkshire comfort.